How to recycle/dispose of bulky rigid plastics
We accept bulky rigid plastics at our Shady Grove Processing Facility and Transfer Station.
These plastics are not accepted in our curbside blue bin recycling program. See plastics accepted in blue bins.
Download our bulky rigid plastics flyer (PDF, 768 kb) for handy reference.
What items are accepted as bulky rigid plastic?
Our bulky rigid plastic drop-off accepts items including:
- toys (no batteries, wood or wires)
- playhouses and swimming pools
- large buckets (larger than 5-gallon in size)
- milk/soda crates
- landscape items (edging, trays, etc.)
- laundry baskets
- lawn furniture
- closet organizers
- dish drainers
- tote boxes and lids
- drums (food grade only; no chemical containers)
- pet carriers
- flower pots and trays (clean, no soil or plant material)
- large water bottles (5-gallon or larger)
- garbage cans/waste baskets
- recycling bins
- automotive parts (plastic bed liners, bumpers, grills and hubcaps)
- traffic signs
- composite lumber products
- car seats and booster seats - see more on car seats
- clothes hangers
How do I prepare plastics for drop-off?
All items dropped off for bulky rigid plastics recycling should be
- rinsed, if necessary
- free of loose soil, etc.
What items are not accepted?
Among the items we cannot accept with either rigid plastics or as curbside blue bin materials are: